A new Creep

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Check out the new member
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I was really hoping someone could help me. I'm an active musician(guitarist) who's very happy with his sound except I need a new multi-effects pedal. I'm using a Digitech rp7 now and it's time to upgrade. I use a full stack: Marshall bottom cab, 6505 top cab all powered by a 6505+ head. My problem is that every pedal out there has amp and cabinet modeling and at least a hundred things I'll never use. I want something that's easy to set up patches, has a variety of effects, a nice noise gate, an expression pedal, and a good equalizer. I used to own a boss gt-8 but realized that it was overkill and sold it. I just want to know if there are any floor pedals out there that don't have all the bells and whistles that a guy with a good amp doesn't need!!! Thanks for any input. btw-check out my website: http://www.HF1Rocks.com
(I'm the one on the left w/the custom built PRS). My stage name is Phillip DaPussee.

Thanks again

Phil DaPussee?? This guy is a creep. I deleted this thread, be on the lookout. His member name is JeffreyLynn.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 27/09/2007 6:24 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Definitely creepy! Thanks for the heads up, Wes! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/09/2007 4:01 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ElecktraBlue

Oh, I'm taking some flak on this one, but I don't care. I have a very difficult time believeing an experienced player in an established band would be asking pedal advice from relative beginners. I don't know if you went to the site, but these guys have very vulgar stage names. The Bios would be very offensive to many women I think.

If the guy had just asked a question about pedals and left it at that I would be fine. But he posted a link to his band, and posted his stage name. I really believe he was just interested in promoting his band.

Trust me, I am no prude. But GuitarNoise has always been a good family site unlike many other guitar web sites. I hope we keep it this way.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 01/10/2007 11:25 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

What is his name on the site?

I'd encourage him to go ahead and post, but that due to the nature of the site his stage name wouldn't be appropriate.

Posted : 01/10/2007 11:55 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick

His name here is JeffreyLynn

I just think his stage name and band's Bios would be very offensive to women. He could have posted without this information.

I honestly can't understand why anybody would want a stage name like this.

Posted : 02/10/2007 12:30 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I agree with Wes! Do we really need to subject our younger members (and we've had quite a few young girls (and boys) joining in the past few months) to that sort of vulgarity? Even if he doesn't reference his stage name (or his fellow band mates stage names) he's going to post links to his bands pages (and there's a "Parental Advisory" on the first page) and these young kids are likely to go there. Personally, I just don't think there's a need for that kind of stuff, especially on a family site like GN! If you go to "Phillip"'s bio page.... in fact, go to his bio page here. This is where we would be sending the young and impressionable kids of GN.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/10/2007 4:18 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Agreed.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 02/10/2007 9:14 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I agree also...

At least he likes coffee. Only sane answer he gave.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 02/10/2007 10:01 pm