Clear all

Moving Posts

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I tried for the first time today to move a post from one forum to another, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it!!! There is no "Move" option. At one point somewhere along the line I saw a link for "Moderate Post", but when I went back to find it, it wasn't there anymore! It would let me "Moderate Topic" but not the post. Evidently Mike was trying to do the same thing at about the same time with the same post and he wound up copying and pasting into the right forum. Am I missing something somewhere or is my brain just not working today? Have any of you tried to move a post?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/09/2007 9:49 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I didn't think you could move just a post. If that option is available, I'd love ta know!

Like for instance, when people make a whole thread for an ESD request.

Posted : 19/09/2007 10:29 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Lower right hand there's a menu for quick mod tools. (you'll see it says "lock topic") If you click there you get a drop down menu. Click on "Move" and then click "go". After that, choose the forum.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 20/09/2007 10:29 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thank you, Tim! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 20/09/2007 3:58 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You can actually move just a post. Use split. You can either split from a post and all posts after, or selected posts. Create a new post header and move it to EL. That's how I prune the games.

Posted : 20/09/2007 9:04 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Thank you for asking Electra and thanks for the help guys!

Posted : 20/09/2007 9:16 pm