Clear all

Never Leave Your Gear Unguarded ...

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Especially when you're going through a divorce!!

A couple of weeks ago one of the guys in the band (he's the one who owns the farmhouse where we practice) announced that he and his wife of 27 years were getting a divorce. I figured it had something to do with that brunette that's been hanging around for a few months. Anyway, went out to practice last night and as I rounded the corner into the back yard the first thing I saw was this ...

Turns out his wife had come out while he was at work, broke out the back window and started throwing gear into the yard, poured gasoline on it and set it afire!!! Luckily, she had called her daughter and told her what she was about to do and the daughter got there just as she was throwing the match onto the gasoline soaked equipment! The daughter grabbed the water hose and started pouring water over it immediately and saved a whole bunch of stuff that the wife had piled out there!

The greatest and most significant loss was David's 1966 Fender Super Reverb Amp (that he had owned since it was new in 1966!) ...

Luckily, she didn't find the 1966 black Strat that he got at the same time!! So, it's safe! But, she did get his Alvarez acoustic!

She also got the bass player's Squier Bass and his Squier guitar ...

There was another acoustic that was toasted, but nobody is claiming it! No one seems to know where it came from! She didn't get anyone else's stuff and David seems to think that she burned the bass players guitar & bass because she thought one of them might have been his Strat. (She knows nothing about guitars! Thank goodness!)

It's been a strange and interesting weekend!!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/07/2006 5:19 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

She may regret that, when it comes to handing out the alimony. If she'd had any sense, she'd have claimed them in the settlement - as it is the judge may take a very dim view of what she's done and give her sod all (I know I would).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 30/07/2006 5:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

David DID file a police report, but didn't have her arrested, which he easily could have done. Jay, the bass player, can still file on her for the destruction of HIS property if he wants to (and I, personally, really wish he would!). That's the main reason I took the pictures, too. For David to use in divorce court.

It's always a shame when a marriage disintegrates into this sort of thing!

(One kind of funny thing, though ... notice in the top picture that there is a burned CD melted to a string above the "odd" acoustic .... it's a Matchbox 20 CD! LOL!)

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/07/2006 5:33 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That's crazy. And the police may decide to charge her with arson if they want, a very serious crime which could get her real jail time.

Our band we keep all our gear in our bass player's basement. I have all my PA gear, my Strat, HRD, and Ovation acoustic over there right now. :shock:

Ah, the joy of divorce. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/07/2006 5:57 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Wow, I guess reconciliation is out of the question?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 30/07/2006 6:04 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Wow, I guess reconciliation is out of the question?

LOL! Yes, I think that option flew out the window when she lit the match! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 30/07/2006 6:06 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thats heart breaking. There's definitely something wrong with that girl. Is this were that saying " when they were passing out brains she thought they said trains, and said No Thanks I'll walk."

Joe

Posted : 31/07/2006 7:03 am
(@alangreen)

Nasty business. There ought to be a law against it.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 31/07/2006 8:06 pm