Clear all

Officially a "Complete Idiot"

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Thought I'd share the news here first before it comes out in the newsletter -

I've been contracted to write "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Bass Guitar," which will hopefully be in bookstores before the end of next summer. These are the orange-spined books that compete with the yellow "Dummies" series.

Doing this is actually going to create a lot of deadlines to deal with which means several things. I'm going to be scaling back the newsletter (probably to every other week or twice a month) and I'll be seen less here on the Forum than I am now. Personally I think I should probably totally step down from moderating, but I have to admit I'll miss our secret club house (with all the tasty sandwiches). Maybe I can get Nick to create a "Moderator Emeritus" or something. :wink:

Bob, the change in the newsletter means that the SSG won't have a weekly posting there. I don't want this to stop the excellent failsafe system that you set up this year. Keep sending me five or six weeks at a time and whenever you know you won't be able to post one, I'll cover you.

So if it takes me a little while to get back to people on things, please be patient. It's a lot easier to IM me or write me directly if something needs relatively immediate attention.

Oh yes, don't go pre-ordering the book yet! :wink: I'll make sure you all get free copies!

Peace

Posted : 10/06/2005 10:45 pm
(@alangreen)

Well, congrats and all that. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 10/06/2005 11:40 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I second that - good work David.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 11/06/2005 5:40 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations! Great news. 8)
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 11/06/2005 12:54 pm
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Congratulations David - great news :D

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

Posted : 12/06/2005 11:14 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You know David...you are my sunshine.

I know you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into teaching, writing, seminars, and everything else, but I know it's because you love it.

So it's uplifting to see that every so often good things happen to good people.

Moderation is the key to moderating. So moderate moderately, if at all.

We should talk about the newsletter. I have an idea.

Posted : 12/06/2005 12:36 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member

Wow, how cool is that ? ! Congratulations!

Posted : 18/06/2005 2:17 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations, David! And, as it so happens, I'm about to buy a pink bass!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/06/2005 6:53 pm