Clear all

Thanks again for your support....

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It's been a horrible few weeks, since Marilyn passed away - hardly touched a guitar at all. I've dropped into the SSG a couple of times....written a couple of songs, too. Guitar? Nope, hardly touched them.

Tonight, I watched a programme I recorded off TV - Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night." Got to "Running Scared," and I started thinking, "I can play that...." went off to find the acoustic, played along. Like I'd never been away. Played some more fave oldies on youtube, played along, got most of the chords right.....didn't even need much tuning...nailed it on the second play.

Tomorrow AM, going to pick up the guitar and play. I've missed it. Weird, how playing a blues song can cheer you up when you're down....

Anyway, thanks again for all your kind messages and all your support - you've been a great help. Now I've just got to get back up to speed and start recording some songs....

:-) :-) :-)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:23 pm
(@alangreen)

And we can't wait to hear them.

Good to see you're on the way back Vic.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 11/05/2012 5:25 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It's a long road, but you're not alone.

Hmmm, there's a Liverpool theme in here...

Posted : 11/05/2012 10:43 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It's a long road, but you're not alone.

Hmmm, there's a Liverpool theme in here...

Hmm, Liverpool AND Manchester in one line......Hollies...He Ain't Heavy....and Gerry and the Pacemakers...You'll Never Walk Alone. Have to say I prefer Liverpool - but I'm willing to bet you a fiver here and now, Dan, that the Premiership title ends up in Manchester*......

Thanks for comments, Al, Dan.....currently struggling along on a tiny income, looking for a job - difficult, when you've been a single parent for 10 years, then a carer for another 7.....

But you know me, the eternal optimist.....the glass is neither half full nor half empty, but I've just drunk YOUR half a pint while you were discussing the philosophical implications.....and someone'll get another round in!

Time to make some music......in the morning, I think....

Thanks again, guys!

:-) :-) :-)

Vic

*Dan - that's Manchester, not Salford!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 11/05/2012 11:22 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Good to see you're back, Vic.

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 18/05/2012 3:00 pm