Notifications
Clear all

The "View new posts" option seems to have vanished

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

As a first-thing-in-the-morning tool it was always invaluable to have a look at what had come in overnight and then deal with the approvals - I spotted a couple of spammers that way.

Any chance we can have it back?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 25/11/2013 6:33 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

I miss it too. I'll put it back tomorrow.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 26/11/2013 11:49 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

I've put back the "View New Posts" and "View Unanswered Posts." They seem the most useful.

There also used to be links for "Unread Posts" and "Active Topics." Not sure how helpful they were, although I was partial to the "Active Topics" link.

I'm trying to remove some of the bloat from the forums. Let me know of anything you think should be left alone or put back.

I was even thinking of getting rid of the avatars and signatures. Somebody stop me before I overdo it.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 27/11/2013 5:02 am
(@davidhodge)

I think folks are very clingy when it comes to avatars. Personally, I can see getting rid of signatures, but some folks use those to direct people to their own websites, which can be helpful on occasion.

Now getting rid of the smilies...

Peace

Posted : 29/11/2013 7:57 pm
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not the smilies :shock: :shock: :shock:

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/11/2013 9:53 pm