Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

You've got to wonder about the Fates sometimes...

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Guess who was the first name picked out for the latest drawing for the bass book? Okay, then guess who's sending a book to India?

I suppose it could have been worse - Mikespe (the first person to enter when I posted the contest up on the "freebies" page - big surprise there, right? :wink: ) didn't get picked. Some other familiar names won too, like Geoo and Twisted Lefty.

By the bye, I've just about mailed all the autographed copies for the mods. Need addresses for Nils, Joe and Bob whenever you've a moment.

Peace

Posted : 28/09/2006 6:17 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Ha Ha Ha, you will never be able to get away from Rahul. :lol:

David, I received my copy today, thank you so much. I am speechless. I was expecting a little booklet, 50 pages top. This is incredible, 308 pages. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but just flipping through I see a wealth of information. It is very attractive and well designed. I am really tempted to pick up a bass and amp. Anybody who goes through this book will surely become a good solid bass player (and knowledgeable too).

Thanks again!!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 28/09/2006 8:03 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

David,

you need to have some hypnotic regression, to find out what it was you did in a previous life, to deserve Rahul, in this one. :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 28/09/2006 8:32 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I, too, got my autographed copy in the mail today! Thank you so much, David! And, your inscription is wonderful! This complete idiot will be spending this evening with her bass! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/09/2006 10:37 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'll bring my worn copy with me to Black Friday Jam for your John Hancock.

Posted : 28/09/2006 11:26 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Ha, sir! Your new copy, autograph and all, goes out tomorrow morning and you can't do a thing to stop it! Muwahahahah...

Sorry, the whole Rahul thing is getting to me... :wink: Maybe Graham is right and that somewhere in my life (or past lives) I must have done something that was so hideous that even the gods shudder to recall it.

Wes and Leslie, glad to hear that you got the copies and I do hope you enjoy them. If you find any mistakes, please let me know. I'm still turning up stuff I missed the first six hundred twenty-seven times I read through it. Paul and I are going to be putting together an errata page in the next few weeks and I've got a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time updating it.

And (not to pass up a chance to shill) if any of you have the time (or inclination), please don't hesistate to post a review. As I mentioned to Tim, reviews at Amazon or other book places can be important, especially if they are well written and thoughtful. Think about when you look at a review on Harmony Central. A number of intelligent reviews, even if they say the same thing, come across very positive. And if you're really worried about it, write it to me and I'll help! :wink:

Okay, now to inform all the people who didn't win...

Peace

Posted : 29/09/2006 1:47 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I can hear "RAHUL" sung to that odd harmony they use for "YAHOO" in their ads...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 29/09/2006 3:17 am
(@alangreen)

Guess who was the first name picked out for the latest drawing for the bass book? Okay, then guess who's sending a book to India?

ROTFL

It really could only happen to you, David. Areyou going to announce it to the membership in the newsletter?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/09/2006 9:50 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Maybe you should have dedicated the book to Rahul! :wink:

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 29/09/2006 10:27 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Maybe you should have dedicated the book to Rahul! :wink:

I don't think the title "The Indian Nervensäge's Guide to Bass Guitar" is quite as catchy, as the original, do you?

(Nervensäge - pronounced Nairvensayguh -, literally translated, means "nerve-saw" - fitting indeed).

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 29/09/2006 12:43 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Yes, but the cover would have been nice:

Hmm, maybe Nick can insert this as Rahul's and Mikespe's avatar.... Should I post it in "Suggestions for GN"?

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 29/09/2006 2:42 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

David, you can use my address for your return address .............. that ought to throw Rahul off the track for a day or two. (Exactly what part of Texas is Massachusetts in? And, isn't Lakeshore Drive in Chicago? :D )

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/09/2006 2:55 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Tim,

That's begging for an outburst of handbags and capitalised words :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 29/09/2006 2:56 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

One of the Toronto winners lives on Lakeshore Drive as well. I was glad to see her name come up as she attended the seminar in Toronto all those years ago now...

And I think that having the mods give out all the avatars has a lot of merit... :wink:

Peace

Posted : 01/10/2006 1:06 pm