Daisy Rock Guitars

25 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

You know, I know I said I wouldn't play a guitar with a name like "Daisy Rock" on it..but the more I see these, the more I like them! There's a dark purple one that has my name on it!

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

You know, I know I said I wouldn't play a guitar with a name like "Daisy Rock" on it..but the more I see these, the more I like them! There's a dark purple one that has my name on it!
Maybe they've already done so, but I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before Daisy Rock branches off with another line sporting a slightly more robust-sounding name.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I always found Daisy Rock to be "foo foo" as well. I don't care for pink but even their non-pink guitars seem tacky to me. I think their website makes them tackier than they actually are though. For one, the flash of the camera and then they probably edit the heck out of them so they end up being flashier and brighter than they actually are. Take this one for example:

As it shows up in that picture, I'd never even consider buying it, let alone play it. But I saw some guy's home video playing it and it didn't look so bad. Dark purple(near black) with a bit of sparkle. If I saw it in a store, I'd play it. Even the Champaigne Sparkle doesn't look too bad in the video on Daisy Rock's website. Not sure if I'd buy it though. Liking my Jaguar too much, which is also lightweight and short scale. Plus I'm broke after buying it.

I do however like this one. Like the colour and it has active pickups.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think it's cool if it gets girls/women interested but do they have to be so foo-foo? :wink:

One day at work, I deliver mail, when I first started playing I was noticing all the musicians playing one Saturday. The sax coming from this window, piano from that one when I walked by a 13 year old girl painting "foo-foo" pooka dots on her Jazz Bass. Don't tell Buddy Guy :oops: I said that.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

when I walked by a 13 year old girl painting "foo-foo" pooka dots on her Jazz Bass.
Here's an idea--again, maybe it's already being done--but some guitar manufacturer should put out a line of guitars that are unfinished and paint-ready, so people can design their own unique guitar without having to build the guitar from scratch.

The manufacturer could also offer a line of paints, decals, mods, etc, all suitable for your guitar project, guaranteed to fit and to be installable by a novice modder.

People like me who don't know anything about modding and who would never go to the effort of stripping down a guitar to paint it, would surely buy into the idea of a "blank palette guitar" to personalize.

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Margaret, that's an excellent idea!

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It's called "Warmoth", margaret :lol: :lol:

You'd have to have the guitar delivered in kit form - you can't paint a constructed guitar, you'd get paint in places you don't want it to be.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wow, the headstock has a hauntingly similar shape at the base to PRS guitars and body shapes and contours are eerily similar....hmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

I mean look at this.....

http://www.prsguitars.com/tremonti/index.html

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Wow, the headstock has a hauntingly similar shape at the base to PRS guitars and body shapes and contours are eerily similar....hmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

I mean look at this.....

http://www.prsguitars.com/tremonti/index.html
Guess they know a good thing when they see it, Bish.... :D

Googled the Warmoth site http://www.warmoth.com/ They do pretty much offer what I was talking about above. But it would involve more assembly than I would probably attempt on my own unless there is a step-by-step manual that goes along with.

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

Fender has its own Hello Kitty guitars, with the iconic cat splashed across the bodies.
http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/

Funny you mentioned that. I actually saw one of those pink ones at our local Sam Ash a few days ago... :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2