Clear all

Free Email @womeninmusic.com

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I was perusing the website Women In Music National Network ( http://www.womeninmusic.com ), and they are offering free email with the extension @womeninmusic.com. Just go here http://womeninmusic.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl and click 'Sign Up Now'. The free one offers you 25M and there are two others that offer 250M and 1000M, but, of course, they arent' free! Personally, I really like the idea of having [email protected] for my email address, which, by the way, it now happens to be..... well, it happens to be one of five now!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Thanx for this EB.

Now I have one too [email protected], I also signed up for eFax and Ebay.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'd edit those email adresses if you don't want them full of spam in a week :?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I didn't realize that this site was still alive. I checked it out a few years ago and it was pretty dormant. Glad to hear that it's back on it's feet.

And you'd best update your profiles to your new @ddress...

C&S - I don't think 'bots can scan these forums for that stuff; it has to be done by hand.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'm a web developer, I could knock one up in 5 minutes that did :(

If it's in plain text, it'll get scraped sooner or later, and it's most definately in plain text here.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh, my bad. I figured that since the forums are inside a database, and don't actually exist as web pages until you load them, that they couldn't be scanned.

I should never underestimate hackers...!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I run across web forum discussions all the time when I'm Googling various topics. Don't have to be registered to read them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I did a search on "fretless and free" and only came up with the Bass Lesson here with the same title.

I clipped thi text from EB's original post:

"The free one offers you 25M and there are two others that offer 250M and 1000M, but, of course, they arent' free"

and go no hits.

So I conclude that normal email address scan-bots can't read GN forums. Other forums may be posted in open-text, which can be scanned.

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Well so far I've had no spam and this particular provider gives you the option to send periodic notifications to another email account if you get messages.

Which comes in handy because I sometime I forget to check my lesser used email accounts, when I was cleaning out my address book a few days ago I came across an account I'd signed up for because of the huge amount of storage and the file attachment limit was so ridiculously high I could send a whole album in WMA format in an email (although the receivers inbox would have to have an equally big limit), anyway I'd completely forgotten about it untill now.

My point.... I've forgotten...dammit.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I did a search on "fretless and free" and only came up with the Bass Lesson here with the same title.

I clipped thi text from EB's original post:

"The free one offers you 25M and there are two others that offer 250M and 1000M, but, of course, they arent' free"

and go no hits.

So I conclude that normal email address scan-bots can't read GN forums. Other forums may be posted in open-text, which can be scanned.

I double-checked 'the other side' specifically, and you're right, it is only readable by registering and logging in. However, every other forum here is readable to the world (I assume that one or the other is a mistake?).

There's a better way than searching for specific text, btw, and that is to search for "site:blah.com" in Google - That will give everything in the index from that site without having to specify keywords (which may not have been indexed yet). There's over 3000 pages for GN forums - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:guitarnoise.com/forums/ .

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Not the first time I've been corrected by someone with more knowledge...

Thanks C&S!

ReplyQuote