Clear all

Acoustic Forum

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm not sure there is enough interest in this but...

How about a discussion forum for acoustic guitar only. It could include many of the same topics in the guitar discussion and beginner discussion forums but be limited to acoustic only.

I know that all the moderators are very busy already and I'd be willing to help with this in whatever way I could.

Posted : 19/01/2004 1:21 am
(@markyesme)
Estimable Member

I would also like to express my interest in an acoustic forum.  I would also be willing to co-moderate (got enough on my plate to be sole moderator).

I assume, however, that this would probably force the creation of an electric forum, with its requisite overhead.

The Easy Song Database: http://www2.shore.net/~maryesme/bin/easy.cgi

Take part in its creation: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Posted : 19/01/2004 11:09 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I prefer mixing it up.  I used to visit a board that had separate acoustic and electric forums.  I found it frustrating.  I play both.  Lots of players do.  And many, if not most, questions or discussions apply to the guitar -- whether acoustic or electric.  I like that Guitar Noise doesn't divide up the acoustic and electric players.

Me, I'd keep it just as it is.

Just my two cents' worth.

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 19/01/2004 1:46 pm
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I prefer mixing it up.  

Me, I'd keep it just as it is.

Valid point Tim...Either way, its nice to hear different views. I'm just going to stand back and let the decision be made by the admin's. I like things the way they are OK, just would love to have a "place of our own" for the strictly acoustic guys and gals here...

Joe

Posted : 19/01/2004 10:32 pm
(@davidhodge)

It's certainly worth thinking about. And I'm glad to see that we've got some potential moderators. Something we should discuss before setting it up would be the parameters. Let's try to come up with a little blurb (like the other forum pages have) that briefly describes what this forum would be about.

Peace

Posted : 20/01/2004 2:41 am
(@markyesme)
Estimable Member

We do have to consider the fall-out of making an acoustic forum.  Would that then spur a movement for an electric forum?  What about genre-specific forums?  Where would it stop?

I am not saying that these points are points against the creation of an acoustic forum, I am just pointing out that we need to give some consideration to the direction the forums are going to take.

The Easy Song Database: http://www2.shore.net/~maryesme/bin/easy.cgi

Take part in its creation: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Posted : 20/01/2004 3:29 am
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Let's try to come up with a little blurb (like the other forum pages have) that briefly describes what this forum would be about.

Peace

I agree David.

How about something like:

"Discussions on acoustic guitar playing, emphasis on playing. including, but not limited to strumming and picking styles and techniques."

Posted : 21/01/2004 2:42 am
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

We do have to consider the fall-out of making an acoustic forum.  Would that then spur a movement for an electric forum?  What about genre-specific forums?  Where would it stop?

Point taken...

I feel that if an acoustic forum would be set up the existing guitar players discussion would almost naturally become the home for electric guitar topics. I'm not advocationg a forum for every conceivable topic, and I agree that care has to be taken to include as many members as possible in every forum, but I think there is enough of a difference between acoustic and electric playing for each of them to merit its own forum.

Just my $.02 worth...and Canadian dollars at that...

Joe

Posted : 21/01/2004 2:50 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Just my $.02 worth...and Canadian dollars at that...

Joe

The way things are going that's soon bound to be worth more than $.02 US.  Let's not even talk about the Euro -- what's it worth lately $1.30 US or something like that?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/01/2004 1:54 pm