Clear all

Beatles songs

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jock-strummer)
Topic starter

Hi Guys,

I have been taking my guitar with me on trips recently and enjoying the odd twang of Johnny Cash on a sunny porch or a bit of Neil Young as dusk falls. However when the requests start coming out it's always Beatles this and Beatles that. Thanks to the lessons on Eleanor Rigby and Nowhere Man I have two in my arsenal to draw from. Any plans to do more though? I have been on tab websites but there's little to learn from them and my attempts are just rough approximations. I'd love to see Day Tripper or Paperback Writer or I Feel Fine as lessons - great riffs and great beginners songs to sing along to......I reckon 9 or 10 Beatles songs and my campfire singalongs will be much more rewarding.

Cheers Jock.

Posted : 22/02/2006 1:28 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

There are a bunch of Beatles songs posted in the "Easy Songs" forum you can check out.
BTW, welcome to GN!
:D
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/02/2006 2:24 am
(@jock-strummer)
Topic starter

thanks Dan.........there are a ton of songs on there that look good to play - difficulty will be the usual of trying not to halflearn 20 and concentrate on one or two

Cheers, Jock

Posted : 22/02/2006 2:38 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

You'll also find lessons on "Rain", "Blackbird", "Julia", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" on the site. If you check the lesson on riffs, you'll find the "Day Tripper" riff as well. The "Rain" lesson is, I think, a bit harder to find because it's part of a lesson on open G tuning, if I recall correctly.

If the guitarnoise search function doesn't give you good results, try searching on Google and restricting the domain to guitarnoise.com.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 22/02/2006 9:59 am