Beginners Electric Guitar Lesson?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hiya David,
Im sure you really busy  doing stuff but, I was wondering could we have an electric guitar lesson in the future? Something with lots of overdrive/distortion a few nice lead (not too hard) parts, possibly something thats well known and catchy, something we can wow all the girls with?  :)

Seriously is there any electric lessons on the way?

If Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect.. Why practice?

Posted : 25/09/2003 9:40 pm
(@davidhodge)

Hi Heelsy

I took the liberty of moving this post here to the suggestions page. Hope that's okay!

Last fall I toyed with the idea of having beginners' electric guitar lessons modeled after the ones on the "Easy Songs for Beginners" page. I even figured Coldplays' In My Place would make a good song with which to start.

My initial concern was with making MP3s but I think I've got that down to the point where I can make something that people could work with. So now it comes down to the same thing that all my writing comes down to:

Time

At the risk of sounding like a tired old windbag, I simply have not had enough time to do the writing I would like to. Part of this, happily, is that I am in the process of making some major changes in my life which (hopefully) should give me more time. Keep an eye out on the November newsletters for more details.

But I will try my best to work this new idea into the mix so that we can have them online at Guitar Noise before the year is out.

As always, my thanks for your patience and support in this.

Peace

Posted : 25/09/2003 10:13 pm