(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

How about a chat room ??

Think it would be cool for learning if you could get an answer straight away

Posted : 07/12/2006 7:47 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Noooo! I would never get any work done :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 07/12/2006 9:32 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

We've tried it before, and it doesn't work for us. However, feel free to organize something if you like, using any of the common services.

Posted : 07/12/2006 12:17 pm
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

explain common services laz please

Posted : 08/12/2006 4:09 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

^ heehee 8)
explain common services laz please

Like AIM or other IM services from Yahoo and MSN, etc. I don't use them, but others do.

Posted : 08/12/2006 4:20 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Frank, I dont know if you saw this or not but you can also find a discussion HERE where many people even gave out there chat preference and their handle.

I dont use them anymore, not that I couldnt be persuded to do so.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 08/12/2006 5:15 pm
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

cheers geoo that might even work to

Posted : 08/12/2006 11:19 pm
(@trevor)
Trusted Member

Laz just a question on this subject ...

Any idea why it didn't work ?

Was through lack of involvement from users or the lack of knowledge from users that it exisited ?

I don't care either way personally ..I talk to some mebers on MSN when I can ...

Just a very curious little vegemite over here

Trevor { AKA hilch }

.........double space ..........

I am aso known as Barnabus Rock ...Hilch ....ummmm yeah thats it

Posted : 09/01/2007 11:24 am
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Laz just a question on this subject ...

Any idea why it didn't work ?

Was through lack of involvement from users or the lack of knowledge from users that it exisited ?

I don't care either way personally ..I talk to some mebers on MSN when I can ...

Just a very curious little vegemite over here

Trevor { AKA hilch }

Chatting is a very different dynamic. It requires that you have a certain amount of free time, at the same time as others. As you know, we are well spread out over the world, and everyone has a different work/school/life schedule. Forums are the best vehicle of sharing information and ideas without any time constraints.

I've been told that there have been scheduled chat sessions that had as many as 10 GNers, but it didn't really take off.

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:19 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Very different. I used to play UO a lot, and ICQ was practically mandatory for it... but you just end up logged into the game, stood at a bank and talking to 17 different people at once on ICQ. If you wanted to do something else on the net, you had to turn ICQ off or you'd be typing "hi, sorry, I'm a bit busy at the mo" every 5 minutes the whole time you were on there :roll: It's great and all, but it's easy to let it take over. Having said that, I'd still pop in now and then if there was one :wink:

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:26 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Very different. I used to play UO a lot, and ICQ was practically mandatory for it... but you just end up logged into the game, stood at a bank and talking to 17 different people at once on ICQ. If you wanted to do something else on the net, you had to turn ICQ off or you'd be typing "hi, sorry, I'm a bit busy at the mo" every 5 minutes the whole time you were on there :roll: It's great and all, but it's easy to let it take over. Having said that, I'd still pop in now and then if there was one :wink:

UO= Urban Ops?
if so, then me too.
as with other games i got into later, voicecom programs like teamspeak were required as well as a team forum to plan and stuff.

#4491....

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:44 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Ultima Online in this case - swords and dragons kinda thing :oops: :wink:

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:48 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thanks for the reply Laz

and yes I am the same guy as Trevor ....

Its' good to be back under my right sign on

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 10/01/2007 12:33 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

We do have that Frappr site located in the "Meet and Greet" forum. Has anyone used that to talk to other GN members?

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 13/01/2007 3:14 am
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member

I think that a chat room is a good idea cause u can get ure answeres straight away without the wait :idea: . But if not some of you guys should get xfire. All u have to do is download it and give a load of people ure thing and then u can talk to eachother and get answers there and then.

Woot Woot!!

Posted : 17/01/2007 6:16 pm
Page 1 / 2