Notifications
Clear all

CHAT ROOM

22 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

chat rooms that allows mic'd sound would rock. we could jam in real time. i haven't found any other place where i could do that.

Posted : 22/01/2007 4:57 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Latency-tastic! :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/01/2007 5:00 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

^exactly, it just doesn't work. As far as chatrooms go...I believe the one that GN used to have up is still running, just no one is ever in there. I thought the chat was great back when we had it, not sure why it died.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 30/01/2007 1:01 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

^exactly, it just doesn't work. As far as chatrooms go...I believe the one that GN used to have up is still running, just no one is ever in there. I thought the chat was great back when we had it, not sure why it died.

Yeah it was up and running until recently. I checked it out a few times since I joined the forums on the off chance someone may be in there. Just tumble weed and cobwebs. Shame really.

I can't even remember how to get to it now. I think there used to be a link to it but after the recent facelift it has gone.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 30/01/2007 5:09 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It's bravenet something or other. I didn't really like the interface.

Does anyone know of any other free hosted chats?

Do a search on chat rooms on GN and you'll find it. It's in the MSN thread.

Has anyone tried parachat?

Posted : 30/01/2007 11:33 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Does anyone know of any other free hosted chats?
There's some fantastic PHP/Flash freebie scripts out there, but they'd need to be hosted on the server... and that's in terms of functionality and ease of use, not gimmickery :wink:

Personally, I'd recommend looking into registering an IRC channel. IRC's good, but without registering, the channel and the authority you have over it is not permanent. Registering it gives you the permanence, and IIRC (and judging by the amount of ego-trip channels there are out there) there's not much to doing it. Give me a shout if you want me to do the legwork investigating, too :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 30/01/2007 12:00 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

This is one of the reasons I asked if anyone had the Xbox 360 (either you or your child). With the 360, you can chat live and it even has video. I don't have the video part yet, but when I do get it I wanted to try a lesson or jam of some sorts.

You need to be on "Xbox Live", which only takes an internet connection and a $50 annual fee, if you or your child already has one.

Posted : 30/01/2007 1:32 pm
Page 2 / 2