Notifications
Clear all

Country Guitar

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bill_scanlon)
Topic starter

I know I'm going to get some heat for this, but I would like to see some country lessons.  I would like to see Roger Miller's King of the Road that would sound cool  8)

Come on David how about it!  :)

I know you are very busy,  but if you ever run out of topic's a little country guitar would be great.

"..a beach and a bottomless drink may not cure the world's problems, but it can really get your head in the right place"...Kenny Chesney

Posted : 16/09/2003 7:21 pm
(@davidhodge)

You shouldn't get any heat about this. There are (and were) a lot of great country players. And much of rock and roll (and consequently a lot of other genres) grew out of country as much as it grew out out of the blues. Listening to George Harrison means that you're listening to Carl Perkins...

King Of The Road is a good choice and I'll get it right on the "to do" list.

The problem with these lessons isn't that there aren't enough songs. I just need either eight more hours in each day or a prestigious grant. Or if everyone who visited Guitar Noise sent in 10 cents a year...   ;)

By the bye, keep your eye out for some of the upcoming stuff on scales, bends and soloing. A lot of that is straight from country.

Peace  

Posted : 16/09/2003 7:42 pm
(@bill_scanlon)
Topic starter

I wouldn't want to see this turned into a pay site, but if it did I would pay.

If the was a way to have something special for members who pay, but keep free stuff open for those can't afford it could help all.

I have seen some great sites shut down because the people running them get brunt out or the cost of keeping them running is to high.

I know you can't keep everyone happy.  Just throwing out some thoughts.

I'll send ya 20 bucks if you do King of the Road with in the next 3 months  ;D

"..a beach and a bottomless drink may not cure the world's problems, but it can really get your head in the right place"...Kenny Chesney

Posted : 16/09/2003 9:39 pm
(@preston)
Trusted Member

Hey Bill,
I can't imagine you getting any heat over here at GN!
You're in good company here.
Roger is a fave of mine, too. I like Story-tellers. I keep my Miller albums beside my Tom T Hall albums, so if I start to Chug-a-Lug, I can look out for old Sneaky Snake. :D

David...there's an idea. A Story-tellers lesson. Miller, Hall, Jerry Reed, and many more!
I know that you're working on the Cash Project at the moment, so don't feel rushed (as if).

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

Posted : 16/09/2003 9:41 pm
(@davidhodge)

I'll send ya 20 bucks if you do King of the Road with in the next 3 months  

Man! Bill, I haven't stopped laughing since I saw that! Yee Haw!  ;D

Maybe I should start doing my lessons on eBay!   ;)

Thanks for the great laugh and I'll do my best to get some Miller up here soon! (and I'll IM you my billing address!  ;) )

Preston, that's a cool, very cool idea as well! Maybe some Harry Chapin as well? I've gotten a few requests for Cat's In The Cradle...

Peace

Posted : 16/09/2003 10:18 pm
(@bill_scanlon)
Topic starter

Yea..I know I'm a funny dude, but the ebay comment got me to thinking.  I have a ton of guitar book that I paid 15 to 20 bucks for one song.  The book doesn't explain what is going on with the theory or rythem.  I have a couple that do but they are over my head.  I like the format you use.

Preston fin's up fellow parrothead I like the story teller Idea.

Yea... Harry Chapin or Jim Croce now I'm showing my age.

Oh I guess since I am at work I should work some later guys.

Posted : 17/09/2003 3:33 pm
(@davidhodge)

Time In A Bottle is on the short list for the Intermediates' lessons treatment. Not that that isn't too ironic!  ;)

Peace

Posted : 17/09/2003 4:21 pm