Clear all

Favorite Posts

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Is there a way to mark certain posts as a favorite?? Sometimes I see posts with some great information that is just a little beyond my reach at this time, I would think it would be cool if you could put it as a favorite or something so you wouldn't lose or forget about it. Just wondering???

Posted : 17/04/2007 10:58 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

You could make a page (a Word document for example) and paste the URL's of favorite posts there, with a brief one-line description of what the post is about, and save it in your own document file.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 17/04/2007 11:42 pm
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thats actually a good idea.
Thanks Margaret

Posted : 18/04/2007 7:31 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Bookmark the thread in your browser. You don't have to go searching through the word doc then. You can edit the title of the bookmark to something meaningful (eg. Barre chord tips) and if you start accumulating a lot categorise them by folders and sub folders. In Firefox you can even give bookmarks a brief description to help you remember what the thread was about which will produce a tooltip type box when you hover the mouse over the bookmark displaying the description. (I'm sure other browsers have this functionality as well). It's all there at your fingertips then.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 18/04/2007 7:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's exactly what I was going to suggest!

I have a GuitarNoise (and a bunch of other sites, as well) folder in my Bookmarks with descriptive links to each article that I refer to (or want to come back to) in that folder. As I find that I don't use particular links any more, I delete them. Works well!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 18/04/2007 7:59 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I don't do it this forum so much but on a technical one from work I just cut the post and paste into a Word doc and save locally on my hard drive. This way I have a permanent copy. There's always a possibility that the links won't work the one time you want to access the posts.

Just a thought.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 18/04/2007 8:14 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

+1 to what cnev said. I used to keep a GN folder on my laptop with word files for all of the good infomation / easy songs etc that I came accross here, up until I felt confident enough not to need them anymore.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 18/04/2007 8:30 pm