Clear all

Guitar picks

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Could GN produce its own guitar pick? use the website logo? have them in different colours? Produce thick ones and thin ones?

I'll place an order today if they can.

.73mm please :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 13/09/2006 6:33 pm
(@davidp)

That's a great idea.

Posted : 13/09/2006 7:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

I like that idea! I'm actually looking to make my own picks...If anyone knows of an INEXPENSIVE wholesaler please PM me.

Posted : 13/09/2006 8:10 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It's been done before...

They are collectors items now. Listed on eBay for over $1 each!

Just kidding... about eBay.

Perhaps another batch could be made. The problem is usually that the shipping is more than the cost of 100 picks. Stay tuned...

Posted : 13/09/2006 11:23 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Maybe there should be gold, silver and bronze one's produced and given out as special awards to contributers each month for outstanding contributions. For example, getting more than 30 replies to a topic or most original posting. Members/Moderators could vote for their choice the same way we vote on polls.
Just adds a little bit of competetive spirit and can only produce more activity on the boards.
Its a thought :)

Posted : 15/09/2006 9:24 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I don't really see why we need competitive spirit regarding our discussions...It's not a game, lol, just chit chat, helping out one another. I can see the forums turning into one word posts in hopes of getting the highest post count.

I don't know. I like the pick idea, would buy a few myself.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 18/09/2006 8:09 pm
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

I would definitely pick a few up too...no pun intended. It's a great way to help pay for the site also.

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 18/09/2006 8:24 pm
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

I can see the forums turning into one word posts in hopes of getting the highest post count.

Definitely... :wink:

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 18/09/2006 8:28 pm
(@Anonymous)

I don't really see why we need competitive spirit regarding our discussions...It's not a game, lol, just chit chat, helping out one another. I can see the forums turning into one word posts in hopes of getting the highest post count.

I don't know. I like the pick idea, would buy a few myself.

A little competition never hurt anyone :wink: :lol: However I don't think it should be on QUANTITY of posts but QUALITY. Maybe if someone wanted to ENTER for the picks they could put a poll on the top "What do you think of my post?" and the choices could be Very Informative or Average. Or whatever the rules would state (YES I said RULES! All competitions need rules!

Posted : 18/09/2006 8:35 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Again...I don't understand the need for competition in a discussion. If I'm talking with a few people, and I find that someone else is competing with me, trying to get in more words or something, it's just annoying. I mean, as for quality verse quantity, what are we going to do? Have polls saying:

Who's the more helpful guitarnoise member?

David
Nick
Noteboat
Gnease
Hue

I don't see any reason to make that distinction, say anyone is better than anyone else, etc. Everyone contributes to the forum in their own way, none better than another, we're all equals here at guitarnoise, I don't see why we should try to change that. I think we'll find a lot of toes stepped on. And who's going to have the ego to enter into one of those competitions you mentioned? "Well, heh, I think I'm pretty darn helpful here, without me guitarnoise would be nothing! I hereby enter my name into runnings! Vote for me or I'll destroy you, rarrrr"...Just crazy talk.haha.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 18/09/2006 9:37 pm
(@Anonymous)

I don't see any reason to make that distinction, say anyone is better than anyone else, etc. Everyone contributes to the forum in their own way, none better than another, we're all equals here at guitarnoise, I don't see why we should try to change that. I think we'll find a lot of toes stepped on. And who's going to have the ego to enter into one of those competitions you mentioned? "Well, heh, I think I'm pretty darn helpful here, without me guitarnoise would be nothing! I hereby enter my name into runnings! Vote for me or I'll destroy you, rarrrr"...Just crazy talk.haha.

Tsk Tsk.....So much anger for someone so young! :wink: :lol: :lol:

JUst a Joke!

Posted : 18/09/2006 10:02 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I understand where your coming from Taso, perfectly.
I agree with you totaly, we are all equals here.
Maybe I should have thought more about what I was writing before posting, but the fact remains there are people out there with thousands and thousands of posts yourself and Mikespe included along with the likes of Greybeard, Vic Lewis, Nick, Electra.to name just a few.
Wouldnt it be great if we could reward these people with a little golden pick for all their efforts. Ok we are not going to buy them for you that would be too difficult to organize but how about a syber pick . Say a little guitar pick that fits under the avatar, shouldnt be too difficult.

I still want the guitar picks tho' or maybe even a tee shirt

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Posted : 18/09/2006 10:30 pm
(@Anonymous)

So I will be rewarded for asking a LOT of questions? :wink: :shock: All kidding aside, about 99% of my posts are questions or just foolish babbling. There are others here with FAR less posts than myself who contribute a GREAT deal more than I...

As for the ORIGINAL topic...I still would like to see/get some GN picks AND find a wholesaler that prints picks at a REASONable price...

Posted : 18/09/2006 11:35 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well we have-----Newbie / Full member / Senior Member / Denizen and addict.

Anyway its all getting a bit off topic. C'mon people lets get those picks under way.

Thats just me foolin,,, :wink: :wink:

Posted : 19/09/2006 2:12 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

...but I only use Dunlop Big Stubbis :cry:

I'd still have a few for show though :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 19/09/2006 4:00 pm
Page 1 / 2