(@6was9)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

How about something for us lefties?

" I'm not sure what happened, it was tuned when I bought it."

Posted : 30/12/2006 8:48 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

You might be surprised to learn that our chief, David Hodge, is a lefty!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 31/12/2006 2:36 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

And myself too.I am a born lefty.

Posted : 31/12/2006 2:41 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yup me too; lefty who plays lefty.

I was on the...what was it called? - LeftyGuitar.com before it closed a couple years back. Nice forum, but there wasn't a lot of specific left handed issues to talk about. Especially now with the influx of all the different lefty models/brands available nowadays. The lefty/righty issue has sorta turned into a non-issue these days, really, and the only specifically lefty thing I find myself doing on boards these days is remembering (or trying to) to say 'right hand' when I'm referring to the picking hand or 'left hand' when I'm talking about fretting - the opposite of what I actually do.

Lefty gear though is another matter, though it's only actually about the instruments themselves, where you can find such and such a guitar or mandolin, etc. The rest of the stuff we use isn't different at all, really. My favorite lefty complaint was "Why aren't there any lefty double-necks" but now Gibson has a few (southpawguitars.com sometimes), and Rondomusic.com has them...so I really have nothing to complain about any more. I wish they were available 30 years ago, but oh well. :)

Posted : 09/01/2007 4:00 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

umm,
<---

#4491....

Posted : 09/01/2007 4:03 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Even in my avatar, i am holding the bam bam stick in my left hand. How more lefty can i be ?

Posted : 09/01/2007 6:09 pm
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

yeap me 2

Posted : 09/01/2007 11:17 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Even in my avatar, i am holding the bam bam stick in my left hand. How more lefty can i be ?

Be left handed in a mirror?

Posted : 10/01/2007 1:59 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Oh, then i will become Twistedrighty. Eh, or is it leftytwisted ?

By the way, these days listening to songs of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain looks quite cool especially in the videos of Unplugged in New York.

Posted : 10/01/2007 12:24 pm