Lick swapping forum

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Maybe we could create a forum specifically for sharring licks, riffs or solos. This site is all about sharing, but very little music is shared in comparison to written advice. So maybe we could create a forum specifically for this. If it is possible, we could also include a tab and standard notation template to make it more of an idiot proof process. I think itd be super cool. Who's with me?

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

Posted : 06/03/2005 12:27 am
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Well, an upgrade to the existing Easy Song Database is in the works. Maybe a section for licks, riffs, etc can be included.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 06/03/2005 5:15 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

As a matter of fact, I was kind of planning on adding a riffs section........ and maybe eventually some mp3 files of both entire songs and just riffs/licks........ Did I forget to mention that? :oops:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/03/2005 5:34 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a good idea Kyle. It would be really nice if we could also include an mp3 file of the riff/lick/solo being posted. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/03/2005 12:51 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't think you want to do complete MP3s, the RIAA will shut you down. Maybe links to Amazon or some other site that allows you to hear samples.

I said "think" but actually I'm sure, besides Dansm's site and the site with the backing tracks, there are a couple of others that were closed.

Besides, the bandwidth will be astronomical.

PM me if you want to talk about how close to the line you can go.

Posted : 12/03/2005 2:23 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

As far as mp3's go, I was thinking that we would only use those submitted (and played) by GN Members. Absolutely NO "on the market" copies of CD's, must be played and recorded by members only, and really mostly for strum patterns and riffs and licks...........it would be more of a members interpretation of a pattern/riff/lick. Of course, with the header about "educational purposes", etc....

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/03/2005 4:12 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Or even easier, and would use less band width, would be to post a link to the riff as is done in the "gues that riff" section of "games & trivia"

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/03/2005 10:50 am
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What I did was purchase some web space that I could upload ( fancy term) teaching aids. I often try to explain how to get that sound using all Tube amps, Eq's, Attenuators. Combine that with a creative imagination and the fact I love playing guitar. Wait!!

I can hear a voice cutting through the mix from the audience " lean on that pick some ". With all ears focused on the sound of a overdriven tube amp, with a smile on my face and a wave of a hand comes a pinch harmonic full pull leading off into a breath taking lead, transporting the audience beyond reality. Which brings them to their feet, cheers from their heart, and tears in their eye's.

It's not just about playing for the Win, it's also for that feeling after when you got one.

Orignal example.,_,.->o00o~(@)~()~(@)~o00o

Joe

Posted : 15/03/2005 6:08 pm