Clear all

More Songs for Beginning Bass Player by David

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nucleus)
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm just stumbled upon David's "Money - A Song for Beginning Bass Guitar Players" lesson, it is abolutely brillinat and a rela fun to play along with the original track! Although I'm not a Bass player, I managed to play the song in 2 days.
BTW I bought his book "The Complete Idiot's Guide for Playing Bass Guitar" without actually having a Bass, just because I liked his guitar lessons on this site so much. After reading the book I bought a Bass guitar because David managed to arouse my curiosity for also learning the Bass :D .

So beside his wonderful guitar lesson I would welcome, if David would find the time to also post some lessons with easy to play-along songs like the one on "Money" from Pink Floyd.

Keep up the good work on GN!

Best wishes
Uwe

Posted : 21/04/2009 8:28 am
(@davidhodge)

Hi Uwe

Thanks for the kudos. Not to mention thanks for buying the book :wink: and I hope you're enjoying it.

I'm in the middle of another writing project right now, but I'll see what I can do about some more bass lessons. The main thing about them is, like the guitar lessons here at Guitar Noise, even though we can use the original recording as a starting point, I'd want the focus of the lesson to be on coming up with your own ideas. This is so important for everyone, but especially bass players as it's so easy to just lock into the same patterns over and over again.

I'll put some thought into it and see what develops. It may take a while (especially with the deadline schedule I've got through the middle of August), but I'll do my best.

Thank again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Peace

Posted : 22/04/2009 7:33 pm