Clear all

Moving Posts

25 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It kind of becomes self-regulating - the posters who would get into a royal snit at the simple act of moving a post, without even bothering to try to learn about or discuss why the post would be moved, leave in a huff, weeding out the problem people early on, while the courteous ones either learn about appropriate placement or intelligently convince the moderators why the post was appropriate in the first place. Everyone wins.

That's a good point. It's prompted the memory of a couple of members here who were prone to getting agitated about things, and both have since left for other pastures. In one way that was a bit sad because it would have been good to see them gradually get more control - both over their guitars and their rather erratic behaviour - but I have to admit that one side of me was relieved to see the back of them. Oddly enough, I suspect that they may been reasonably 'good for business' though. If I remember rightly they were pretty good buyers of gear (one especially) so may well have been regular clickers on ads, to find the latest answer to their difficulties. There was also a sort of grisly fascination to see what they'd do or say next, so they may have actually promoted a bit of extra traffic..... Who knows.... :)

Chris

Posted : 21/10/2008 9:47 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter

LATER

D'oh....d'oh...d'oh...

I can't believe how dumb I've been. :shock:

I've been looking through the wrong end of the telescope again.... :oops:

What makes music work? Creating and releasing tension, that's what. Conflict and resolution. It's the same for writing, whether it's a novel, a play or or journalism (and journos rarely even bother with the 'resolution' part any more...). And it applies to advertising too! Guitarnoise doesn't need my wimpy 'niceness' suggestions - it's got plenty to spare already. It needs more tension and drama. 8)

Think about it.... A few videos are posted here featuring a cheerful gathering of friendly musos playing at local store. A moderate smattering of members (including me) watch and enjoy. It's all good stuff, but the sound recording isn't too good, and the action is pretty much what I can see (or be part of) locally any week. You see where I'm heading? No conflict, no drama...

Imagine....

Creative tensions build up as the music drives onwards...
a little pushing and shoving breaks out...
hats are 'accidentally' knocked off, cymbals tipped over.... and then it's on....
suddenly, a guitarist is wearing the kick drum, a bass player shaped hole appears in the back wall... David and Nick are wrestling in the mud created when the sprinklers came on to douse the fires that broke out...
the audience takes sides and then things really go to pieces...

You'd be the #1 hit on Youtube. The traffic to Guitarnoise would go up so fast you'd have to get the builders in to widen the door. I guarantee it.

Excuse me, but I'm off to buy some beer and snacks, and book a good seat... unless you could use a scriptwriter, director, or supporting cast member????

Chris.

Posted : 22/10/2008 1:40 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I think it's a great idea.
You'll need something to get the YouTube audience interested . . . a band fight on tape.

The script that you started sounds good already . . .
The video is another festival get together type thing.
Scene 1 - Act 1
Nick and company are practicing for an upcoming gig and a band member makes a mistake.
He excuses himself for making the mistake . . . the rest of the band members are nice-nice about it and excuse him profusely and are nauseatingly sweet about it.
They pick up a few bars before the mistake . . . .
and again, the band member makes the same mistake.
Again, he apologizes and again the band members tell him there is no need to apologize etc . . . .
A band member says something about "those two notes are supposed to be two sharps" . . .
Another says "Yeh, two sharps"
And a third band member makes a remark about the guy not being "too sharp".

(continued by next poster. . . or not)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 22/10/2008 2:24 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think moving posts is good when it ensures better classification of those posts.

Posted : 22/10/2008 6:49 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

In my younger impetious days I've had posts removed which I thought was alittle extreme and I may have given Nick or whoever did it a bit of a hard time, but I'm to old to fight city hall anymore so I've conformed.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 07/11/2008 7:34 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

You too?!
I'm still in the process of being conformed.
Nick and David are keeping me on the straight and narrow path . . . of the guitar.
It's a path I tread lightly . . . after all . . . a deleted post is a waste of valuable electrons . . .
to which the rebuttal is, the original post was a waste of electrons. (sorry, I have these conversations with myself)

KR2 ( A conservator of electrons)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/11/2008 12:35 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

In my younger impetious days I've had posts removed which I thought was alittle extreme and I may have given Nick or whoever did it a bit of a hard time, but I'm to old to fight city hall anymore so I've conformed.

We can do that together... :lol:

Posted : 08/11/2008 4:54 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey! I'm already at two and a half! :lol: :oops:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 08/11/2008 11:54 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Two and a half deletions?
Repost them . . . I want to see what the crime was.

Posted : 09/11/2008 6:40 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Two and a half deletions?
Repost them . . . I want to see what the crime was.

Me 2. :lol:

Posted : 15/11/2008 7:49 pm
Page 2 / 2