14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Heyo,

Some of the members and I (ok, just me really, I thought maybe numbers would give more wieght to my inquiry ;) ) were wondering (was wondering?) how the guitarnoise store was doing? The Shirt sales and cap sales and such?
I wonder for a few reasons. The first being: I'd love to see a t-shirt with the old catch phrase on it "The Online Guitar School" Or something to that extent? I can't remember what it was... The online guitar College? Maybe? I don't know, I'm sure someone will remember it, anyways! So yes, that was number one. Why? Because I think it conveys a good message (as does our current phrase) but, well, ok ok, I liked it better! There, I said it! Which is why I want to know how the sales are doing, maybe if they are doing well we could incorporate another shirt with that logo? If not thats fine, I'm down with that, big ups to my posse.
The second reason: Maybe we can (again, only if the store is doing good) get long sleeve shirts? (Winter time ;) ) Again, with either phrase.

Basically, this is a dumb long post, I should have just found out how the sales were doing before suggesting this stuff, but oh well.

Taso

P.S. I don't want anyone to think that I don't appreciate the shirts and such as they are, or the hard work everyone put into the design and logo and words and everything else. Like I said before "Big ups to my posse" .

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 28/11/2004 6:56 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Sales are rather slow. But I can see that most people don't want to buy T-shirts in winter. I do think online guitar college shirts would be cool. I wish someone would help me out with the designs though.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 16/12/2004 5:09 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I went to order a t-shirt today but when I clicked on them, it was a blank page. Are they still available?

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 12/08/2005 3:53 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I went to order a t-shirt today but when I clicked on them, it was a blank page. Are they still available?

Geoo

Try scrolling down the page more. At first, it does seem like a blank page, but, it's not.

As for our slogan, I've always had an issue with it, but who am I to say anything against it.

The online collage slogan seems to fit better for this site.

The online to onstage sounds, “to good to be true” type of thing. NOT that GN can't do that, just the principle I guess. I guess what I'm saying is, it sounds kind of cocky and at the same time, misleading. We all know it takes a LOT of hard work and practice to get to the point were at now. Never mind “onstage”. Yes, online to onstage, but how long? Misleading?

Don't get me wrong, I know the articles here are top notch and can produce that type of output, but everyone is different.

Posted : 16/08/2005 3:19 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, I kind of felt the same way. I just thought Guiar noise, the online guitar college or whatever sounded better, and gave a better feeling.

Posted : 16/08/2005 4:27 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

The online to onstage sounds, “to good to be true” type of thing.

Thanks for the information Tracker.

Well, I'm a nobody :oops: but I always took it to mean that this was a site for anyone from the person that practices with online lessons and kind of studies by himself all the way up to the kind of guy that has been playing for years and is up on stage everynight. I didnt take it to mean that GN would get me from here to stardom. heh :D

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 16/08/2005 10:42 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Well, you might surprise yourself. I never thought I'd play onstage but I've played now six or seven times onstage I think. I was thinking just the other day how true that slogan was. But I take your point.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 16/08/2005 12:23 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I always took "online to onstage" to mean that Guitarnoise catered for everybody from beginners to seasoned players...something for every taste style etc...

Must admit though, like many others here, I still have a soft spot for "the online guitar college"....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/08/2005 12:33 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh. Haha. Is that what it means? I thought it meant that guitarnoise would bring you from playing guitar infront of your pc, to play on stage.

Silly, silly me.

Posted : 16/08/2005 3:49 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh. Haha. Is that what it means? I thought it meant that guitarnoise would bring you from playing guitar infront of your pc, to play on stage.

Silly, silly me.

But that's exactly what it means. Hopefully, with the lessons and other encouragement you get here at GN, you'll end up playing somewhere, somehow, in front of other people. "On stage" doesn't have to mean Madison Square Garden - it could mean a chair at a coffeehouse.

And Tracker, having read the Riverside Jam thread, you should feel confident that it really works!

So practice in front of your PC, or wherever, but hurry up - the stage is waiting for you...

Laz

Posted : 16/08/2005 5:17 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

"Online to Onstage" is a heck of a lot better than "Basement to Garage" :wink:

BTW, for many of us, the progress has been from onstage to online.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 16/08/2005 7:20 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yea, I guess I was reading into it too much. Sometimes I have the tendency to do that.

I know first hand as well. I played out once, not “onstage” but, in front of a lot of people and I don't think I could have done that without the great articles, lessons, all the great folks here and my determination to be as good as I can be. Which I might add, is a lot more than what I thought when I first started!

I've been here a little while and sitting back now I see the bigger picture behind the slogan. AGAIN, I did not think at anytime GN was not capable of producing such abilities. GN does hold up it's end of the bargin, what the reader does with it.........?

I'll go now.

Mike

Posted : 16/08/2005 8:28 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

"Online to Onstage" is a heck of a lot better than "Basement to Garage" :wink:

BTW, for many of us, the progress has been from onstage to online.

OUCH, you digressed from being onstage to online.. Thats terrible.. I'm not coming back now.. LOL Kidding.. Knew what you meant.

Geoo

Posted : 18/08/2005 2:15 am
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

did you guys ever at one point sell that yellow hendrix t shirt you have when looking through categories in the store?

If anyone knos, what does it say in words under hendrix on that shirt?

Posted : 18/08/2005 3:09 am