Acoustic basses

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@g-bass)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
I went to my local music shop and saw an acoustic for around $800. I'd like to buy it, but I want to make sure I'm not being overcharged; is this a fair price?

G-Bass
Play bass, it just plain rules!

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

There's no way to tell without knowing what model bass it is, and what kind of condition it's in. You should be able to find acoustics cheaper than that, but that may be a fair price if it's a quality instrument.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I've seen accoustic basses as low as this one for $260US from Rondo Music. Different brands and potentially better instruments will certainly cost more.

ReplyQuote
(@g-bass)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm pretty sure that was their only model because they specialize moslty is accesories. Next time I drop by, I'll check out who makes it.

G-Bass

ReplyQuote
(@g-bass)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've found this..
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-AEB10-Acoustic-Bass-i66883.music
What are your thoughts?

G-Bass

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Hey that one's pretty sweet looking. Great price too! If I were going to get one, I'd see if I could demo one first in some local shop then get it online if they can't be the advertised price. Ibanez it a good brand as far as I know.

For me personally though, if I really needed one, I'd go with the Rondo, simply beause they make them left handed. The rest of the stuff, the neck and strings and action, I can pretty much tweak by myself at home so it would be inexpensive to start with and then I'd make it as playable as I needed.

That Ibanez looks pretty cool though :)

ReplyQuote