Notifications
Clear all

Am i An idiot or what?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@gandalf)
Topic starter  

I was talking with some guys about guitars and stuff, when he came around to asking me if I wanted his bass guitar, and i about to say sure when my mom starts saying no, so I enede up not taking the FREE bass, so i hoping i run into him again to ask him. damn, I can't stop thinking about it!

(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Man that sucks, but its not your fault.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Your mother probably had good intentions - she probably thought he was a shill of some sort. But I have to admit, if my mother had said no to some guy offering me a free bass (I assume it was free, no strings attached) I would have put my foot in her ass.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Yeah, way up there (in the a**).  Although, I am sure she had good intentions.  Sometimes, Moms and people in general have no freakin clue.  The quote to always remember "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".  Your Mom owes you one, IMO.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

But I have to admit, if my mother had said no to some guy offering me a free bass (I assume it was free, no strings attached)....

Besides, if there's no strings attached, it's no big deal to buy a set of strings...  ;)

/me ducks...

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

That was witty, man... real witty.

ReplyQuote
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member

Gawd, I'm so glad my mom lives in another town!

;)

The Juice King

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, I'm old enough that it doesn't matter what my Mom says.  However, she does support my decision to play.  Well, she mellowed.  At one point she did not like the long hair part.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

I'm 41 years old and my mom still keeps after me to let my hair grow longer.

I've had a buzzcut since 1978 or so with minor variations and it still bugs her.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

Yeah,  I'm 36 with two kids and my mom still makes comments if I don't shave on the weekends when she comes over to visit.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote