Clear all

Bass Guitar - Getting Started...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fletch-bailey1212)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey....This is my first post and basically it is just a simple question. I really can not afford Bass Guitar Lessons. I love music and it pretty much is my life. What is the best way to become a good bass player without lessons...If it is possible!

By the way - I have an Ibanez

-Fletcher

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

practice!!!

Its the tried and true way to get better. I also suggest getting hal leanards fastrack: bass 1 because that series tought me guitar very well and also bass well and I have never taken a lesson in my life. Also, you probably should have posted this in the bass section of this forum.

bstguitarist,
welcome to the boards
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

If music is your life then you can get small jobs or a steady job to pay for lessons. At least i feel that way. Lessons are the best way.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

I think that sometimes lessons are better for some people and not good for others. Im not saying that lessons are bad its just that I most likely learn great with lessons because I feel that I can teach myself at my own speed more effectivly to my own style. All I really have to be careful of is not to form any bad habits.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member

hi all, ive recently just started a band, i play rythm guitar but weve got a better 1 than me and a lead guitarist aswell so im thinking of playing bass,but with playing with a plectrum all the time its gonna feel really wierd playing bass with my fingers,is it normal for people to play bass with a pic? :?

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote