Clear all

Dave's Book

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I think I'm about to learn a lot of new/old things. Theory things that I should already know but don't or don't know quite as well as I'd like. See, it says it's a book for bass but it's also a great book for theory basics and not so basics. It's all explained simply and in one place. So in learning the bass you may learn the guitar a bit better also.

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey pearl, I couldnt agree with you more. Thats exactly how Im finding the book. Ive been notating a couple of my songs lately so that others can play them with me, and it was great just to be able to go back into the book and find the answers to what those symbols meant.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@cavernplayer)

May I ask to which book you are refering to? Thanks.

cp

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

The Complete Idiots Guide to the Bass

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Here's a link to David's book:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Playing-Guitar/dp/1592573118

Here's a review of it by a Guitar Noise member.

I was given one and I bought another for my brother who plays bass. For $15, it's a steal for what you learn. The CD was a nice touch, too.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote