Clear all

I Like The Bass

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It satisfies my desire to learn songs that are easy but are not simple strumming songs. And I'm begining to think that the really cool people aren't the guitar players at all but are the bass players. This is good.

(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Righteous! 8)

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I LOVE to play bass - usual practise involves putting my playlist on shuffle and playing along with whatever comes up! I find it easier to play a root note and jam along on bass, than finding a chord and jammng along on guitar....

I got mine out today, haven't touched it for about 3 months since my hand accident - I was scared of overstretchng....I was going to have half-an-hour, no more, but it stretched nto nearly 3 hours!!!!!

My fingers are a bit sore - I'm still buildng my callouses back up, and I find playing bass really helps with that.....so I'm going to fill the rest of the night up by changing strings on my acoustc and electric.....

OK I'm off to see where that "spot the bass riff" thread is up to......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

OK I'm off to see where that "spot the bass riff" thread is up to......
Spotting them is easy, it's the guessing what they are that's difficult :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about the callouses, I played for 2 hours with a band a couple of months ago - the first time in months I'd picked it up for more than 5 minutes. That was on a Sunday, and I couldn't use my index finger for anything without yelping until the middle of the week :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote