11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Just an FYI...

I wanted to get some experience with a bass guitar so I bought an inexpensive Washburn from MF last month.

I gotta say for the money this is one sweet little machine. Nothing fancy but it looks nice and plays great. No setup required. No fret buzz anywhere and it stays in tune. It also isn't that heavy so my shoulder doesnt' get fatigued after playing it for an hour.

The only thing I've noticed is the finger tips on my right hand are getting all silver colored from plucking. Mine came with a great instructional DVD that shows excellent technique without picking.

OneWingedAngel, if you see this post, I know you were thinking about trying the bass. This would be a great inexpensive way to get started.

Here's a link to it and some others as value packs if you need a nice little amp and some accessories to go with it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search?d=tn&it=RTVI&c=6318&c_lid=d4&src ="3NL5KD"

The Washburn is in the middle. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

...and it's a sleek LOOKING bass. I like the shape and contours. And, important to me, the headstock shape matches.

Great buy.

I think I remember Washburn always being of higher quality too. I'm talking about the first ones I saw in the 70s-80s. I guess even now they're carrying on with the tradition!

Best regards.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nice one.But i can already see a bass in your avatar.Is it outta sale now :oops:

Ha ha ha , new gears show the old things way to the pawn shop :lol:

Good luck with your bass. 8)

Rahul

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys.

BTW, that part about the finger tip discoloration is a good thing. :D

Rahul, that Fender 5 string bass in my avatar (if that's what you are referring to) isn't mine. We were setup at our local fair grounds to play that weekend. The bass player in my band has a son who has a 3 pc band. That was that bands bass. (did that make sense?)

They play before us as a warmup band and it also cuts down the amount of time we have to play.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Now the only thing you have to remember is to call it Bass (the way i said )not Bass (the way they say ) :lol:

Getting confused , oh yes , thats why bass players should use earphones :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That sounds a little fishy but I'll bite. :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I got the same one about a year ago, I've been very happy with it :D :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I have the same one in natural wood color. Comes with a nice semi-soft case too. Though I have no idea how to play. Still an acoustic guitar beginner. Some day I might become a bass beginner too :)

oktay

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about the case. It was a surprise how nice it was.

With mine came a really great instructional DVD that got me to "see" scales that I wasn't seeing on guitar (at first) :wink: .

Both 4 and 6 stringers have helped me grasp a good basic understanding. I'm rockin' 8)

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I received a multimedia CDROM as well although being Windows-only it is of a lot less use for me. Still a nice thing to include obviously.

oktay

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I can't say enough for how nice it plays. It has a good quality sustain and harmonics are easy to get.

The sound quality with the little Washburn bass amp is really enjoyable to practice with.

I took the afternoon off and played both all day. I had to take a break and come here to type some. My finger tips are throbbing and that's a good thing. :D

I seem to be going from guitar to GN to guitar to GN to bass to guitar to GN. What a life. :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote