Notifications
Clear all

I was invited to join a band.....

17 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well, I remember quitting a band I was in when I was in High School, and I really don't regret it (I wasn't really interested in the music they liked and I felt that we had different levels of dedication when it came to practicing), it was fun playing in a band but I'm sure something will happen in the future, so long as your willing to play I'm sure something will come along.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

God this is a good post. Laughing my way through it and the responses. I don't like the idea the guy tells you what you have to play on bass. An idea, yea, but note-for-note? Hmm, not cool. He needs to play if he wants that.

Yea, there a a lot of downer things in that band but I would have offered to try it with no guarantees on either side. If it got bad in the first practice I would have just let them know it's not me.

There are tons of bands out there. I even have limits. I could not play with a country band because I don't know any of the mucic and generally run when I hear it. I could learn it but it would get on my nerves having to play that stuff show after show.

All in all, it's about protecting your well-being. You'll never know how bad it could have been to play with them but you won't have the pain to remember, either.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2