Clear all

Is it worth it?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Is it worth the money to upgrade from a Fender Frontman 15B to a Fender Rumble 15?

I have the Frontman 15B , it's ok but i don't like how the amp distorts after going past 5. So I'm wondering if the Rumble is better. If there is a better amp around the same price range or lower at 15 watts, then could you please list them for me, thanks.

Fender Rumble 15 or Fender Frontman 15B or something else

the Rumble costs about 30 bucks more canadian.

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

If I were you, I'd just go with something a little larger like a 25 watt amp.  I don't really trust the small speakers in 15 watt amps.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

But i just need something small as a practice amp for now. I guess i can check out the prices for the 25 watt, but I still want to know about the first question at the top.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

would the 25 watt be able to be played at a small gig sort of thing with a band?

the 15 can't play a small gig?

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I'm not sure if a 25 watt could handle that.  It might be able too, but I haven't heard it playing with other instruments and can't be sure.  A very small gig, I think so, but a gig on the larger side of small might cause trouble.  I use a Fender 25B.  It gets louder than is necessary for practice, but can also get very quiet.  I'd say a 25 watt is a good practice amp, possibly a good small gig amp.  It depends on the volume of the gig.  I'd think a 15 would either be too quiet, or else barely sufficient.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm thinking about trading the Fender in for a Behringer BX300. It's a nice 30 watt with a 10" speaker.

ReplyQuote