Clear all

is this a fender bass ???

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cluemein)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hi guys, i when and looked at the bass again, it does say " fender bass: on the headstock, and it's got a fender body, but, it also has i long single coil pick-up and a spit single coil pick-up. and the switch on the headstock only moves the top string it's like pulling the string if you push it forward and returning to turn it back, so, my questions are, what is this tense thing on it and what kind of bass is this with both pick-ups, i looked at the fender website and didn't any and tried e-bay too. if you can help  me on this one..

(@petrix)
Estimable Member

It sounds like a fender that somebody has modified. It is quite common for people to do this and therefore get a cross between the precision bass (split coil) and the Jazz bass (single coil).

I dont know about Fender, but Fender Squier sell one of these, I think its called a P-bass special?

As for the thing with the top string, I have no Idea, youve flumuxed me

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The switch thingie is probably a HipShot detuner, and I have one of those Squier P-Bass Specials. Nice bass in fact, but I don't know if Fender put out something similar. Maybe it was after-market.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Yeah, Fender have put out a humbucker/single coil hybrid wth the P-Bass shape called the P-Bass special - I have one. As for the switch, I'm flummoxed.

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

The switch thingie is probably a HipShot detuner

More info on the Hipshot detuner (or Bass Xtender according to Hipshot) can be found here: http://www.hipshotproducts.com/xtenders.htm .

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@cluemein)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys. i now know that this bass is kicking. i can't wait to get it out, ( it's during time in the pawn, i just put it on lay-a-way..)hey, it good to go here and talk to people who don't act like i should know all there is to know about guitars and basses.. sooo thanks.. ;D

ReplyQuote