Skip to content
Metallica's Anesthe...

Notifications
Clear all

Metallica's Anesthesia (pulling teeth) solo fingers or pick?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I was wondering if Cliff Burton used a pick or his fingers on the solo Anesthesis (pulling teeth). Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@metallifan)
Estimable Member

Cliff Burton and a plectrum? Aint heard those two words in the same sentence before.

So it must be fingers.

Cheers

This is my rifle, this is my gun; this is for fighting, this is for fun!

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, man that took skill. He plays some parts so fast I was wondering if he used a pick, or was just insanely good at using his fingers.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member

Insanely good at using fingers, basically.

To be honest I don't think its the greatest bass solo, mainly cos I just don't like the sound too much.

I myself find playing with fingers quicker than a pick.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

What do you think is one of the greatest bass solos? My friend whos just starting out is a beast at bass already, so I'm tryin to find hard songs for him to learn.

ReplyQuote
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member

You or your friend should just play what your like, instead of soloing just learn cool bass grooves, I like Chili Peppers my self. Some of Flew's bass lines are great, and you can find stuff you like in there.

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

victor wooten's amazing grace solo is pretty cool

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote