Notifications
Clear all

triads

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@becca117)
Topic starter  

hey everyone. im new to the bass and i dont really rember that much from my lessons, so can any one help me with the triads of the g major scale? thanks much.
~Becca

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Hi! Welcome to guitarnoise. :D

The G major scale has one sharp, since it's the first scale you come to when you follow the circle of fifths up from C (C-D-E-F-G -- that's a fifth). The sharps always appear in the same order, and the first is F#. That means our G major scale is G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G. To construct a triad you take two notes which are a third apart, and then do the same with the next third. A third includes the starting and finishing note. That means that you count the root note as note #1, the next note as #2, (not actually a part of the interval, you just count it when you count towards the last note) and the final note, #3, is the last note in the third. A G major triad goes G-A-B-C-D, since the two thirds which make it up overlap. The bold notes are the notes that are actually included in the triad.

You construct the other triads in the G major scale the same way; you just change your starting note.

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

So that's:

Step Chord Triad
I G G-B-D
ii Am A-C-E
iii Bm B-D-F#
IV C C-E-G
V D D-F#-A
vi Em E-G-B
vii° F#dim F#-A-C