Clear all

Mysterious Creatures of Destruction

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I hadn't played bass in about two weeks, and yesterday when I went to take it out my action seemed to be between a 16th and an 8th of an inch lower and my strings were buzzing a little. Do I have gremlins?

(@97reb)
Noble Member

How was it stored? Any change in humidity and/or temp? Was it out of tune? Did you put on a set of different guage strings right before you put it away for two weeks? Is the neck bowed out/up a little now? Information, we want information, number 6, I mean kc13088. Hope that "Prisoner" reference did not go over your head, sorry.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sorry, it did, I have no clue what that was about. :? No, the reason it's so weird is it's in the exact same condition as it has been for months. Same guage strings, it was still in tune, the neck is still straight, and the bridge saddles are at the same height as before. I'm baffled.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

That's very strange. Maybe it's become more humid lately. I'd just readjust and forget about it, if you haven't already.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but as a point of reference and culture, it simply must be done. The reference to The Prisoner has a couple of interesting points here. Two of them include the well known bass player Steve Harris of Iron Maiden and two songs of Iron Maiden's "The Prisoner" and "Back In The Village". Both of these songs loosely relate to a late 1960's Sci-fi/Spy-fi Thriller TV show from England Entitled "The Prisoner". It is a cult classic and well ahead of it's time. The lead character was named/enumerated "No. 6" and his antagonist "No. 2" was always trying to get information from No. 6. Thus the quote, Information, We want Information, no. 6"

Bassically, I was trying to say you need to explain what's going on a bit more before asking questions of us :wink: . We're not bloody psychic, or don't you know.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote