Clear all

Setting up a bass

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I know this belongs under maintenance but I am putting it here.

I tried setting up my friends bass. Its just like a guitar, it cant be that bad (i have never set up my bass). I found that it is not just like a guitar.

For some reason I can not get the bass to play well. It buzzes or has high action or both (I've messed with the truss rod a dozen times). I ended up just giving it back to him.

I might have a professional do it for him and see if they can get it better (I'm sure they can though I don't want to admit it).

Maybe I will get them to show me how. Who knows.

Anyone have any tips or advice. Is it just his bass or is it something I'm doing (or not doing)?

aka Izabella

(@piano-man)
Eminent Member

I just bought a Sr300dx ibanez, and as we all know guitar center will no do free setups.

I downloaded the manual (guitar manual) from Ibanex, and it makes the setup instructions perfectly clear as to what to do. When I got through, and I have never done this before. This bass gave an awesome sound. I was considering taking it back and trading for a more expensive bass because it really sounded muddy. But now, it is crystal clear bass, and great mids.

Try the ibanez website, and get their manual. you won't be sorry. BTW its free.

ReplyQuote