Clear all

V-Amp ??

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Will a V-Amp for a guitar work with a bass as well? I am going to be buying a bass in the next couple of weeks and I want to start recording on my computer with guitar and bass and I only want to buy one unit.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The V-amp is similar to the guitar POD and I use my POD for bass. I use the Modern Class A model.

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I believe there is a Bass-amp modeled in the guitar version, and vica versa on the bass. I've got both and that's what I remember from reading the manual too often. There's definitely a bass-cab sim in the guitar vamp.

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

I am using a V-Amp 2 (guitar version) when I play bass and record.
Using some of the clean amp setting works fine, even better than the Fender Bassman simulation.
You can combine Amp type and Speaker cabinet type plus effects (typical compressor etc) to the sound you want.
And use combinations that is not available in "the real world" as you may find that they sounds better for you.

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Agreeing with the above, you can use the V-amp2 for certain tones with a bass. As Sluetelbos stated, there is a V-amp for the bass. So your options are wide open. I think either V-amp is about $100 USD so for $200 you could have an amp modeler for both. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote