Woo! I finally boug...

Notifications
Clear all

Woo! I finally bought a bass!

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Squier Precision bass with one P-pickup and one J, so essentially it's a P-Bass special, sunburst. I'm well pleased with it! I also got 20% off, so instead of forking out the full £220, I paid £175 (and I bought a gig bag for a tenner). Good day in all. :D

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Congrats! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@petrix)
Estimable Member

Good good, sounds like a nice one, its certainly nicer than my Encore!

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Good job, there.  I think it is better to have the choice of pickups there for a more varied sound.  Happy playings.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'm unbelievably happy with it. I went through the standard procedure, you know, try everything available to you, but because I was scouting lefties, I only had four options - the one I took home, a P-Bass copy with dodgy pickups, an Ibanez entry level with one P and one J pickup and a Vintage (not an old one, that's a British brand) Jazz Bass copy that had a weird fingerboard (couldn't tell if it was plastic or wood). I think I got an excellent deal.

ReplyQuote
(@preston)
Trusted Member

I think I got an excellent deal.

I think you got punched in the wallet!  :D
If you had ANY extra money before, you won't now.
*sigh* Always something else that I need.

You done good, Tucker! Enjoy it, bro. :)

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Cool, that's the same model I've got!  Of course, mine has no frets now.

ReplyQuote
(@daria)
Trusted Member

Good choice.   I've heard good things about this bass from a friend of mine who owns one.   :)

"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you will die today." ~James Dean

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member

Its almost impossible to go wrong when you buy a Squier.  I definitely think they provide the best bang for the buck of any guitar brand available where I live.  Rock On!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

To be fair, I can see why some people aren't fans, but in my opinion, it's all down to the player. Squiers sound incredible in the right hands - luckily, I have just those hands. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Excellent bass. I have a lefty one I got on eBay. It and an Essex 5-string more than take the place of the Rickenbacker 4001 that was stolen a couple of years ago.

Great sound, great playability, great feel. I love that narrow J-Bass type neck!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

It looks even better now - I put a Fender Jazz Bass bridge cover on it. I'm going to have to take it off when I want to change strings, but it looks excellent and very professional.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Souns sweet. That's the way Fenders came in the old days so why the heck not? I can see leaving the pickup cover off but no need for the bridge cover. Rickenbackers are the same way.

Take care

ReplyQuote