Clear all

1st acustic guitar??

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@swifty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have always thought about learning how to play the guitar and now I am ready to take the first steps in learning. The first thing that I was wondering what is a decent acustic guitar that is not that expensive. I am thinking about $200 or so. Is 200 dollars too icheap? Will I just be buying a guitar that will need to be replaced soon? Is the sound going to be as good as a better guitar? What would you suggest to any first time buyers? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Swifty

(@wwilson)

Price does not matter as much as the sound the particular guitar has.

I may go from shop to shop till I find one with the tone I like and that sounds good to me. My last purchase was a Hohner acoustic that was on sale for $99, but had the most wonderfull bell tone to it when I picked it up and played it. Even the other Hohners there did not have the same tone as that one.

Play many before you buy one and shop for the sound.

-Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

play many....

Take a look at the seagull series.

A great acoustic around that ballpark is the Fender DG-22s or the Fender DG-25s. I don't particularly like the other fender acoustics.

You can also get a pretty decent guitar in the Art & Lutherie line.

Used is a great way to get a good guitar in the line. I'm about to pick up a guitar for a friend today, $100 for a Washburn D25s/n with a bone nut ans saddle and hard case.

take a look at

http://www.craigslist.org/

a great place to pick up equipment.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Didn't I write something about how to buy a used acoustic a while back?

Yes I did

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=418

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member

You can find several guitars around 200, but for a litlle more you might find something with a solid top. I recently purcased a yamaha FG-04-Ltd, from guitar center, paid 277, has a solid top, nice sound, good action.

Look around find something you like, but I would suggest a solid top, the sound should improve as it ages, and they can be found new for just a few dollars more than you mentioned.

Have fun with your search, it's like selecting a new friend...

ReplyQuote
(@swifty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have been searching around and was thinking about the:

Fender 14S and Washburn 10s

Which do you guys(and girls) consider to be better? If you had to get one which one would you choose.

ReplyQuote