Notifications
Clear all

A few newb questions

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ilikecats)
Topic starter  

I've been playing for 4 days now and I have a few consernsquestions. When I pick my hand likes to curl up. People tell me it should open? Is this normal? I can't play AT ALL standing up. Will is come with practice? Should I practice standing up? I can't play when other people watch me I get all tense and mess up a bunch. It this normal? I pick realy hard probley not a good thing? What should I do about that? Mmk thouse are my questions for now thank you

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

woof. I like dogs.
welcome to guitar playing. what you have experienced so far is very normal.
it is always good to watch out for bad habits. it is difficult to have any after only four days; habits that is.
guitar is a lot of learning by doing . so if you feel the need to stand up and play then you should practice that.
as for getting nervous playing when others are around....some people never get over it, some people love that, and the rest of us have to concentrate so hard to play we don't realize people are watching.
welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

don't worry about standing up, yet.

hold the pick hard enough that it won't fall out of your hand, but not much harder than that. unnecessary tension will be a problem as you progress.

stage fright... i've been playing for 17 years and i still get it.

ReplyQuote
(@eyeplayguitar)
Trusted Member

It's only been four days! You shouldn't be worried about ANYTHING you mentioned so early. It's good that you're aware of the issues, but don't try to force anything. With consistent practice these things will go away by themselves. Good luck.

Find Guitar Teachers

ReplyQuote