Notifications
Clear all

A good/cheapish acoustic guitar

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@guitar_noob)
Topic starter  

I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar after having an electric guitar for 2 years now trouble is I dont know which one to get. I'm looking for something around £50-100 (thats around $130-220) mark so any suggestions welcome.

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Art&Lutherie Wild Cherry or AMI

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_noob)
Topic starter  

they're like 4 times my budget :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No way!

You can get the AMI here for 150 or less...

Wow.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I like Takamine's and I believe they make a guitar or two in the high end of your range. If not, they have a budget line called Jasmine. If there's a SamAsh around you, they have 2 house-brands called Carlo Robelli and Brownsville that are pretty cheap. The Robellis, in my opinion, arent that good. But I've played a few of the Brownsvilles and they had a pretty good tone to them. I was impressed. Dont know much about the quality or worksmanship though. Fender guitars are in that range also. Let us know what you decide on.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

If you can find a Takemine in your price range go for it. I picked up 3 or 4 different models today and they all gave my mid range Taylor a run for the money. I still would not trade my Taylor in for anything. If I had not got it as a gift from my wife I would lean towards the Takemine.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote