About Guitar Pro...

28 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I have Guitar Pro, what do you thing about this software ? Can you suggest me another software to learning ? I nead to see Tab and hear the sound ... like David Hodge done in this lessons.

I'm newbie.. very newbie ! And my english is poor.. i know :)

Thank you for your suggestions !

Visit my BLOG!(in french...)

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Your English is SO much better than my French.

You could try powertab, but you should also be able to see tab and hear in GuitarPro 5.

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Bonjour Nick :)

I have the version 4, but, the sound is like my english, perhaps even worse! hehehe.

I visited the web site of power tab but, before download it, can you tell me if sound look like Guitar Pro 4 (like midi sound) ?

Thanks a lot to take time to answer us, the newbies !! lol C'ause, for me, To play of the guitar remains mysterious !!

:shock:

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Yes. Guitar Pro uses midis. The sound you get will depend on the sound font/patch files you have available on your system.

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes. Guitar Pro uses midis. The sound you get will depend on the sound font/patch files you have available on your system.

Oktay

In this case, can i install something who play music better ? i mean, when i play sound, it look like electronic piano (because of midi file). Can we install patch to hear real guitar sound (accoustic like..) ?

Thanks !

ReplyQuote
(@lucam)
Eminent Member

Finale Notepad isn't bad too, and it's free.
It's also the only choice if you have a mac like me... :-)

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Oktay

In this case, can i install something who play music better ? i mean, when i play sound, it look like electronic piano (because of midi file). Can we install patch to hear real guitar sound (accoustic like..) ?

Thanks !

Yes. Various manufacturers make real sounding midi font files/patches. Since I don't use Windows or Mac I probably can't help with the details. However some midi files (if i"m not mistaken) are even live samples of real instruments and they sound pretty decent. I believe audio software such as Garage Band come with a decent set of fonts.

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

And also..lots of tutorials are created out of powertab files which are actually available standalone.

If you don't get what i am saying ...visit the lessons at http://www.ibreathemusic.com .

Btw ..its my long time desire to learn french. (and dish out some -'tour de forces' :D )

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

And also..lots of tutorials are created out of powertab files which are actually available standalone.

If you don't get what i am saying ...visit the lessons at http://www.ibreathemusic.com .

Btw ..its my long time desire to learn french. (and dish out some -'tour de forces' :D )

All is in the title ! :)

how "look" the sound with powertab ?

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Didn't I see or hear that GP 5 is real music as opposed to midi? Or atleast better.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

" Guitar Pro RSE is an audio engine that allows the instant playback of all your scores with ultra realistic sound samples taken from high quality guitars. "

Does this mean it comes with good midi fonts? I usually don't buy it when they make a new name for their new technology.
More often it's existing technology that they decided to call something else :), like podcasting :P or gtalk.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Didn't I see or hear that GP 5 is real music as opposed to midi? Or atleast better.

I found that :

the new features of Guitar Pro 5: * New RSE [Realistic Sound Engine] with
real instrument sounds

The sound is more realistic ... than a midi file (like electronic piano).

But, i have the version 4... :?

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Yeah. It looks like Guitar Pro 5 adds new more realistic samples including dead, muted, bent and vibrato effects on each individual string/note.

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@irght19kc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah. It looks like Guitar Pro 5 adds new more realistic samples including dead, muted, bent and vibrato effects on each individual string/note.

Oktay

Do you know if we can install something like Realistic Sound Engine on the version 4 ? I read somewhere about patch or others ... but i did not find anything else...

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I just bought v5. Good sound. Recomend it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2