Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ho .. send me that :)

Visit my BLOG!(in french...)

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

rparker,

Do you use the same powertab files as version 4 ?

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Just tried 5.0. Sounds pretty good.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

GP5 has it's own file format, but is backward compatible to gp4 and gp3 formats (and, presumably, gp2 and gp1)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

rparker,

Do you use the same powertab files as version 4 ?

oktay

you mean Guitar Pro? Yup. It also imports PT, but have not tried that feature yet.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

PT imports without any problems, on the few that I've imported

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I did mean Guitar Pro. Sorry.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

I upgraded GP 5 and could not believe the sound difference in the RSE. It is is leaps and bounds better than the midi sound in GP4 or PowerTab :)

I've imported all my PowerTab lessons plus over 100 other PT files to date into GP5 without any problems.

I highly recommend GP5 :!: - if you have GP4you can upgrade to GP5 for less than buying new.

BS

ReplyQuote
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

I'll 2nd Bob's recommendation. In addition to getting V5 of GuitarPro w/RSE (sounds pretty good) as part of the upgrade they send a link that you can download all 40,000 GP files from mysongbook in 1 zip file.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'll 2nd Bob's recommendation. In addition to getting V5 of GuitarPro w/RSE (sounds pretty good) as part of the upgrade they send a link that you can download all 40,000 GP files from mysongbook in 1 zip file.

Do you have that link? They didn't send me one.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

rparker,

GP had an early bird promotion - the link was sent to the first 1,000 people to buy/upgrade to GP5.

I would imagine that 1,000 have already been distributed :cry:

As always,
BS

ReplyQuote
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

when you log onto the guitar pro support site ( http://www.guitar-pro.com , select support, log in with your ID/PW, select customer's area). On the bottom of mine I have a "special GP5 gift" section that has a link to the file.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

when you log onto the guitar pro support site ( http://www.guitar-pro.com , select support, log in with your ID/PW, select customer's area). On the bottom of mine I have a "special GP5 gift" section that has a link to the file.

Got it. Thanks!!!!

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2