Clear all

emedia guitar method?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i saw this infomertial, i guess thats what you call it, peter frampton's method of learning guitar, has anyone heard of it or tried it? it sounds pretty decent, alot cheaper than a lot of the other methods.

even god loves rock-n-roll

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I agree. It looks like a great product to get you into playing a few songs quickly. Actually quite a few. I think once you know a few chords and can changed between them, this product is probably a great idea.

The down side is that, atleast for me, by the time I could play the songs that were on the eMedia package.. I was already playing songs that I liked. I also had a real problem finding it in the stores in my area. I guess I could have ordered it online.

I did use the demo version and it looked like a lot of fun. For the price, I cant see any reason for someone not to get it.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

I have eMedia Guitar Songs and Blues Guitar Legends by eMedia .
They are very instructive and easy to use.
The selected songs are good and would fit anybody.
Has a realistic animated fretboard which shows bends and vibrato in addition to fingering positions in real-time.
Includes variable-speed MIDI tracks. Guitar tablature or standard notation available on each song.

But it is not possible to print-out Tabs or Notations in a normal way!

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

I have been using the beginner emedia guitar method. So far, it's ok. It's easy to use, has a animated fretboard, teaches open cords and gets you playing songs right from the start. It explains tab, but so far (I am only in the end of chapter 2), has not hit on to much theory. For the price, its a good package. I ordered it from amazon. I am also using the jamorama program, which goes into theory almost from the start, but doesnt really focus on playing existing songs. Jamorama does delve into strumming and picking patterns, has great video lessons, jam tracks (tracks you play along with), a couple of interactive games that teach notation and cord recognition and alot of other stuff. The basic emedia progrem seems to be writen for the beginner (you can by separate packages for intermediate and advanced I believe), while jamorama has 3 levels....beginner, intermediate and advanced. At this point (i have only been using both for a month) I perfer jamorama, but, if your a beginner, the emedia program is worth the price.

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote