Clear all

And the winner is: A Telecaster!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@bennett)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Have been looking for a second guitar of late - been playing an acoustic for about nine months or so now - so tried out a few different electrics today.

And whilst I haven't purchased just yet, I was extremely surprised to find myself leaning toward the guitar I least expected to like. :shock:

I deliberately went in with the attitude of going on the feel and sound of the guitar. Of course, it's nice to have a good looking guitar but the tele's always seemed a little drab to my eyes.

Nevertheless, the Squire Telecaster I tried seemed to fit me beautifully. And the sound made me want more.

I also tried a couple of strat's and an Electa Les Paul. The strat's didn't seem to fit me all that well nor did the sound grab me - however, I'm sure they'll fill a gap further down the track for me. The Les Paul initially didn't feel great but on having another look it actually felt okay. However, the sound didn't grab me as much as the tele.

So chances are I'll be picking up a new tele soon. Still not ruling out the Les Paul entirely, but I couldn't find a helluva lot about Electas - they seem to be owned by Ibanez and made in Japan - but certainly found some positive posts regarding the Squire Tele here at GN.

Anyhoo, thought I'd post this for other beginners as a lesson that looks aren't everything and to have an open mind.

Also if anyone has any comments about the guitars in question - positive or negative - that'd be great too.

Cheers.

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly