Notifications
Clear all

argg, Audacity question

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@roz1281)
Topic starter  

I created a drum section in hammerhead, How on earth do i get the clip to loop so i can match it up with the guitar section i recorded.

edit: I mean how do i looop it in audacity?

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Don't have Audacity but, did you try to drag out the track? Grab the right side (the end) and drag it where you want it.

It will loop however many measures the drum track is.

ReplyQuote
(@roz1281)
Topic starter  

Yea tried that, i can't seem to find the right 'tool' to do that with. with the Selection tool it just lets you highlight the sample and that's it. I know I should've asked at some audacity forum, but I like this place more :)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

There is probably an easier way but what I do is this

Once I create the loop I want to use I import it as a track into audacity. From your post it seems like you have already done this.

Then I click in that track and ctl-a to select all. It should only select the drum loop part. Then I ctl-c to copy. Press the "end" key to go to the end of the section, although I think when you paste it automatically goes to the end. Then I ctl-v to paste it. I do that over and over until I have as much drums as I need.

Only thing different I think is that I dont record the guitar until I have laid down drums. But I imagine you can use the left/right pull control to move the drums into a position that it should match up. Assuming your timing was good.

I like recording the drums first though because that is what I use to make sure everything else works in time.

Good luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@roz1281)
Topic starter  

Awesome , thanks man!

ReplyQuote