Arpeggio

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Was just doing some finger exercises and ran across this chord progression . . .
that when arpeggiated (msp?) sounds really nice.

. . . Am . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .F. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E
------------------------------|---------------------------------|-----------------------------|---------------------------------|
-------1--------------1------|-----------0-------------0------|-------1--------------1------|-----------0-------------0------|
-----2---2---------2---2----|--------0----0--------0----0---|-----2---2---------2---2----|--------1----1--------1----1----|
---2-------2----2--------2--|-----0---------0----0--------0-|---3-------3----3--------3--|-----2---------2----2--------2--|
-0------------0--------------|---------------------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------------|
------------------------------|--3---------------3-------------|-1------------1--------------|--0---------------0-------------|

repeat ad nauseum

No big deal . . . just kind of a nice backtrack.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, it is a nice progression. I think it is called the "Spanish cadence". It is the basis of the Rumba (try to play it with that rhythm).

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

If you use this you have House of the Rising Sun. :)

Am C D F
e|-------------0-------|---------0-------|---------2------|--------1-------|
B|-----------1---1-----|-------1---1-----|-------3---3----|------1---1-----|
G|---------2-------2---|-----0-------0---|-----2-------2--|----2-------2---|
D|---------------------|-----------------|---0------------|--3-------------|
A|------0--------------|--3--------------|----------------|----------------|
E|---------------------|-----------------|----------------|----------------|

Am C E E
e|---------0-------|---------0-------|----------0-------|--------0---------|
B|-------1---1-----|-------1---1-----|--------0---0-----|------0---0-------|
G|-----2-------2---|-----0-------0---|------1-------1---|----1-------1-----|
D|-----------------|-----------------|------------------|------------------|
A|--0--------------|--3--------------|------------------|--2---------------|
E|-----------------|-----------------|---0--------------|------------------|

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That's probably what I was doing subconsciously when I was warming up . . .
it also makes it interesting to pull the higher notes in by using higher notes of the chord in the second half of each measure.

. . . Am . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E
-----------------------0------|------------------------3-------|----------------------1------|--------------------------0------|
-------1------------1---1----|---------0-----------0---0-----|-------1-----------1----1---|-----------0-----------0----0---|
-----2---2-------2-------2--|-------0----0------0-------0---|-----2---2-------2------2---|--------1----1------1--------1-|
---2-------2----------------|-----0---------0-----------------|---3-------3-----------------|-----2---------2----------------|
-0------------0--------------|------------------2--------------|---------------3-------------|-------------------2------------|
------------------------------|--3-----------------------------|-1---------------------------|--0------------------------------|

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Try playing those chords - Am, G, F and E - with these lyrics.....

(Am)As I walk along I (G)wonder,
What went wrong with (F)our love,
A love that was so (E)strong......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey I just tried it . . . and it worked.
Thanks, Vic

:note1: My little runaway,
Run, run, run, run,
Runaway :note2:
- Del Shannon

ReplyQuote