Notifications
Clear all

Arranging instruments in a rehersal room

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@steviemilo)
Topic starter  

Recently, I went to a rehersal room with some friends. There was a bass and two electric guitars. The constant problem we faced was the balance of the instruments. We just could not get a nice balance of sound, each instrument lost in a mass of sound, even when turning down/off the gain. I would love to know if there are some basic rules for the rehersal room e.g where should the guitarists stand, which way should the amps face etc.

(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Our very own Laz (Dan Lasley), an experienced bass player and sound engineer, wrote an excellent article for this site on that very subject:

Rehearse and Rehash.

Enjoy.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
(@steviemilo)
Topic starter  

A big thank you to Helgi Briem for that article.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Haven't read that one in years. Great article Dan.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

Hbriem, þú er frá Ísland? Ég tala (a little?) Íslensk (is that the right form?). Íslenskur er mál fagur! (that was probably a train wreck of a sentence, I haven't studied in a long time)

ReplyQuote