Notifications
Clear all

Audio examples won't play for me

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@hislarp)
Topic starter  

How come everytime I want to play the MP3 examples from the web pages, they don't work? I get this from the window's player:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

I can't get any of the examples to play, I don't know what to do. Are they broke?

[email protected]

thanks.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I assume you're talking about the examples on the Guitar Noise lessons pages. I just tried an old one and a recent one and both worked fine for me. Do you have one in particular that doesn't work?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Also I can download the files. It seems a problem with his/her computer.

ReplyQuote
(@hislarp)
Topic starter  

Thanks both of you, I now know I prolly have a problem with my computer. I just don't know what it is. And yeah, it's with the audio examples in the tabs of guitarnoise. I guess I need to check some of the proxy settings, I just don't know what would cause this as far as a setting on my computer.

Anyway, thank you for the comments. At least I know it's not guitarnoise.

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Try this, right click on the MP3 icon and save the file to your desktop. Then double click on it and see if it opens. If it does, then the problem is most likely not Windows Media Player. Also, what kind of connection to the internet do you have? Broadband or Dial-up?

ReplyQuote
(@hislarp)
Topic starter  

Try this, right click on the MP3 icon and save the file to your desktop. Then double click on it and see if it opens. If it does, then the problem is most likely not Windows Media Player. Also, what kind of connection to the internet do you have? Broadband or Dial-up?
Broadband

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Try this, right click on the MP3 icon and save the file to your desktop. Then double click on it and see if it opens. If it does, then the problem is most likely not Windows Media Player.
It's certainly advisable to do this anyway to save GN the bandwidth. :)

Nevertheless, do try downloading the file then opening with your preferred media application.

If you're having trouble streaming it then it's probably a browser plug-in fault as a best guess.

Good luck.

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote