Notifications
Clear all

bass or electric guitar

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@xrockxstar)
Topic starter  

so i've been interested in playing a guitar for a really long time and i've finally gotten enough money to actually go out and buy one. I was originally going to get a electric guitar but my best friend is all about basses. Could anyone give me any advice on which one to get and the pro's and con's.

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

rockstar,

I don't think anyone can really give you that kind of advice, it's a metter of personal preferrence.

What I can tell you is that I wouldn't play an instrument because your friend likes it, what do you like?

Look at the type of music you like maybe some of your musical influences and then decide, but in the end it's up to you.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

They're both fun, completely different and cool in their own right. I played bass before playing guitar, and my gripe with it is that it's not a heck of a lot of fun to play alone; most of the time you're doing single notes, and being totally honest, bass is an accompaniment intstrument: it rarely plays the melody.

All of that aside though, I have a good friend who plays bass exclusively and it's really what gets him going. Just preference in the end, I suppose.

Edit:

Oh yeah, and by the way: If anything you should play guitar so that you and your friend can have 2/3 of a rock trio, then all you need is the drummer!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote