Notifications
Clear all

BC RICH WARLOCK Electric Guitar question

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@chris88)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know what kind of pick ups are on this guitar, and is there a floyd rose lock in system???

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Umm.. which one? There are many different models of warlocks in many different price ranges. BTW welcome to guitarnoise. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@chris88)
Topic starter  

Its the platinum series..Thanks gald I found this site :)

ReplyQuote
(@sparrow-aka-honor-roller)
Trusted Member

There are some 40 reviews here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/BC_Rich/Platinum_Series_Warlock-01.html

I always go to harmony central to check out reviews of equipment. The Platinum Pro has a floyd rose, but not the regular Platinum series. The pro costs about $140US more according to list price, and the floyd rose is the only different aspect of the guitar as far as i can tell, other than tuner/hardware color. They both have 2 BSDM humbuckers which are made by the manufacturer of the guitar. According to the reviews the pickups seem to be pretty good, but not the bridge, so you might want to look at the pro series. But i'm not sure how good this tremolo is?? Most of the hardware info is available from the BC Rich website. Do searches, email them for info. And check other review sites for this guitar. And preferably you want to play this guitar before buying. The reviews point to inconsistant quality, which is common in Korean made guitars.
Hope all goes well.

ReplyQuote